QBPC Personal Care IWG Exchanges with Guangzhou Food, Drug and Environment Crime Investigation Detachment
On October 13, Quality Brands Protection Committee of China Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment (QBPC) Personal Care Industry Working Group held an exchange meeting with Food, Drug and Environment Crime Investigation Detachment (Guangzhou FDECID).12 representatives of 9 QBPC member companies attended the meeting.
Guangzhou FDECID Deputy Chief Chen Gang and the Fourth Detachment Captain Wang Yifeng introduced the structure of Guangzhou FDECID and their newest operating model against counterfeit products. Member companies Amazon, Johnson& Johnson, P&G, Unilever, Beiersdorf, Colgate-Palmolive, Hawley & Hazel, Pigeon, S. C. Johnson & Son introduced their brands and the products mostly targeted by infringers.
The participants also discussed the following topics:
- The threshold for crimes of IPR infringement and the determination of illegal gains after the implementation of the Criminal Law Amendment 11;
- Jurisdiction of Guangzhou FDECID;
- Price determination;
- Underground factory cases;
- Database of anti-counterfeiting.
- The cooperation between PSB and Customs to investigate the cross-border cases.