The QBPC has six sub-committees to carry out the organization’s activities and objectives:
Best Practices/Enforcement Committee
• Cooperate with China and international enforcement agencies in the running of seminars, training courses and the exchange of best practices which address challenging and timely issues in enforcement
• Launch QBPC Yearly Best Practice and 5 Model Cases Bridging Administrative and Judicial IP Enforcement
• Work cooperatively to improve the standard, efficiency and transparency of law enforcement.
• Support QBPC members by coordinating and cooperating with the GACC to further promote IPR protection work through training, communication and cooperation with brand owners, other enforcement authorities, foreign customs and international organizations
• To coordinate Chinese local customs to engage in more effective enforcement and strengthen cross-border law enforcement cooperation with their foreign counterparties.
Government Affairs and Public Policy Committee – coordinating government and public affairs for QBPC:
• Assist in regular communication between QBPC management and relevant central and local government agencies, foreign resident government offices, associations, societies and chambers of commerce.
• Monitor relevant policies, laws and regulations and advise QBPC management.
• Support and coordinate other cross-committee/IWG GPA issues, particularly commenting on major policies and regulations that affect all QBPC membership.
The Internet Committee focuses on online counterfeiting and infringement issues faced by QBPC members on e-commerce platforms, social media, short video platforms, search engines, independent websites, etc. It closely follows up the latest development in Internet ecology, platform governance and brand protection. Through regular communication and strong collaboration with Internet companies, it aims at creating a platform for exchanges and learning as well as making concerted efforts with law enforcement authorities, Internet companies and other stakeholders on handling relevant issues.
• Timely monitor and share with members the latest developments of IPR related laws, regulations and policies
• Support and participate in the work of researching, making and amending IPR related laws, regulations and policies by collecting and consolidating members’ comments and then submitting the advice and suggestions to related government agencies for their reference
• Collaborating with legislative, judicial and administrative law enforcement agencies to conduct legal research on complicated, hot and important issues related to IPR, by way of seminars and trainings to provide a dialog platform for the representatives from the government agencies, academic institutions, domestic and international enterprises and other parties to discuss and exchange their experience on theory and practice, and help members better understand the full range of Chinese IPR laws.
Patent and Innovation Committee
• Support and participate in the Chinese government and its judicial and administrative departments’ efforts in promoting innovation, improving patent law legislation and enforcement, and jointly create a good environment for promoting innovation and technological progress
• Timely monitor the drafts and amendment of the laws and regulations, the judicial interpretations and operating guidelines related to innovation and patents, organize the members to participate in discussions and submit the advice and suggestions to the government agencies, judicial and administrative departments
• Organize seminars, workshops and training courses on the complicated, popular and important issues related to innovation and patents, provide a dialog platform for government agencies, courts, scholars and experts associations and private domestic and international enterprises, and help members improve their R&D investment experience and patent practices in China.